Thursday, July 30, 2015

Big Brother



One day I was holding John's 3 year old hand, and he says, "Mommy, I need my other hand. God gave us two for a reason." Apparently, I was holding him back from a project he was wanting to start. My sweet son still loves his momma and enjoys snuggling, but he is definitely growing up, and he is ALL boy. He usually walks around with a cowboy hat or helmet on his head and toting some sort of gun. He loves any sort of adventure--scuba diving, fishing or working. His favorite costume is his SWAT vest, which he wears daily in anticipation of call outs. Some days, he packs a bag and heads off to join the Marine Corps with his brother James. He is convinced James can do anything because "big brother will just hold him really tight." I don't think anyone could love their younger sibling more. John simply adores James and smothers him with affection. At the slightest fuss from James, John usually runs towards him yelling, "It's ok buddy! Big brother is commmmiiinnnggg!"

He keeps me in stitches with his cute antics. When I asked him how he read his books so fast, he matter-of-factly replied, "Well, I wanted to be done sooner, so I just skipped a few pages, mom." He is the curious and creative type just like his sister. This is the kid who taped my refrigerator to keep anyone from getting his yogurt, crushed a whole can of nuts in an attempt to make peanut butter and attached a dog leash to the attic cord so he would be able to pull it down. Yes, he keeps me on my toes, but our house wouldn't be the same without him. He is such an appreciative little guy and so easy to love.