Saturday, September 5, 2015

Fathers!



Daddy may not be as mushy as mommy, but the sentiment is just as strong. The kids adore daddy time, and he enjoys every moment. They take great joy in simply helping him get ready for work or fix something around the house. When they are busy with daddy, I can steal away to accomplish some housework, but sometimes I just have to sneak a quick picture of them first. Nothing warms my heart more than to see them playing and laughing together. My kids are blessed with such a wonderful father, and so am I!


In honor of all our dads, we had a small gathering for Fathers Day. After church and an afternoon at home of games and dessert, Hamilton and I each went with our own father to dinner. The kids stayed behind with Grandma, and we each got to enjoy a one-on-one conversation with our dads, which is rare these days! Of course neither of us took a picture, but we both left with fond memories of our time alone with dad! Special times!