Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Mothers Day



I realize we just celebrated Fathers Day, but since my blog is still 6 weeks behind real time---Happy Mothers Day! Every few years, I like to get an updated 4 generation picture. I am so blessed to have a wonderful grandma, mom and daughter in my life! The mother daughter relationship is such special one!

This year, Hamilton kept the older kids, and mom, James & I spent the Saturday before Mothers Day together. We went out to lunch, bargain shopped, and talked a lot! It was a refreshing day out of the house with my best friend!

On Sunday morning, Belle took care of the Mothers Day festivities. She had arranged for my favorite sparkling water as a beverage, recruited a cook (daddy) to help prepare breakfast, and set the table complete with a "Mothers throne." She also surprised me with a cross-stitch of our song. Apparently, Grandma supervised, but she did all the work! I can honestly say, my little sunshine is already more accomplished at sewing than her momma!

I am so blessed to be the mother of three very affectionate, loving and giving children. Hardly a day goes by that I don't get a flower picked or something made for me. John is especially generous about always giving a "mommy tax." I love my kids. Being a mom is hands down The BEST job I have ever had.