Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lets Go Fly A Kite


Belle purchased two kites from the Awana store and asked if we could fly them as our next family fun activity. Hamilton must've liked the idea because the next morning, he announced we were going to The Sands to fly the kites. The outing wasn't really in my plans for the day, but I couldn't refute his spontaneous initiation of family fun, so I quickly fixed a picnic lunch.

I am so glad I did because we couldn't have asked for a better day. The skies were blue and a breeze was in the air. We ate, waded in the water, hunted for shark teeth and flew the kites on the first try. The kids were ecstatic. Belle was happy her kite flying plans were turning out so nicely. John was thrilled with the kite his sister had bought for him, and he kept excitedly showing "Poomsy," whom also seemed to be really enjoying himself. It was just one of those beautiful family fun days I hope I never forget. As I watched all the happy faces gazing up into the sky, including the baby's, I felt so peaceful and thankful for our many blessings. God is good.