Saturday, April 25, 2015

Columbia and the North

With James' disdain for car seats, I was slightly apprehensive about his first trip out of town. Relief flooded me when I found out Hamilton was able to get off work after all. With him at the wheel, I was able to keep James quiet in the backseat. In fact, my sweet baby actually traveled like an angel. What I did not anticipate was the adrenaline rush that kept Belle and John awake most of our night driving. With fun and adventure on the horizon, they just could not fall asleep. They kept chanting, "Columbia and the North!" (A modified Narnia quote)

Their excitement was understandable because a visit to Grammie and Grandpa's house never disappoints. They were eager to play by the lake, and God granted them beautiful weather to do just that. They explored, emptied the muskrat trap, surveyed the damage the beavers did to the trees, and helped Grandpa work and build. Grammie treated the kids to yummy food and a fun trip to the circus. Even James enjoyed the action! John is still talking about the tigers and elephants, and Belle now likes to pretend she is an acrobat. Good times!


/313.JPG" imageanchor="1" >